Thursday, June 30, 2011

A bible blog

I've struggled a lot with teaching my kids about God. The concepts are so difficult to explain to toddlers. I sing all the songs, and attempt to answer the questions, but thus far it's been a challenge to get them to understand. I know they learn things at church, but each week when I ask them what they learned their responses sounds something like, "We had a snack" or "I played with my friends." Without knowing what the lesson plan was, I have no way of reinforcing it throughout the week.

But let's face it, when it comes to teaching my kids about Christ, it's really my responsibility. and I wanted to take ownership of that. Recently I stumbled upon my friend Rachel's blog about the Jesus Storybook Bible. It was pretty interesting and several of my other friends had been talking about it. She had a giveaway contest on her blog and I entered. I was so excited when I won! We got it in the mail today, and immediately the boys were interested in reading it.


We started with the creation story and I was blown away by how well they grasped the concepts. In the end, even Noah was somewhat understanding what we were talking about. I just love listening to their little voices talking excitedly about God, and what He made. They were so thrilled they didn't want to stop with just one story!


Though we have a long way to go, I feel like this bible is a great tool in stepping towards that direction. I'm really looking forward to our reading times.

6 comments:

Kelly Pagan said...

My Dad just got that for Charlotte! Glad to hear it passes the toddler test!

The Greenfields said...

yay! hope you and the kids love it. we've been teaching noah bible verses and he's done great. you should do the armor of god with your boys. we made up motions and noah had it all memorized in 2 days. he loves it. today he learned "I can do all things..."

Sarah May said...

LOVE that Bible! Eli got it from The Stirring when he was dedicated! How fun for your kiddos!!!

Anonymous said...

We give this Bible to each child when they move from the nursery up to the preschool class. I hope your kiddos enjoy it as well.
~Jessica Davies

JohnMichaelHinton said...

That's cool! Thanks for the book tip sis!!

Stefanie Smit said...

We have that Bible too and the kids love it! We usually end each day doing devotions, catechism questions and prayer. It's a great tool and seems to really keep them interested. That is so neat that you won it!!