Monday, January 25, 2010

The Power of The Supernatural

Some of you may know Randy Miller from the Myriad, some of you may not. At 38 years old, he has been fighting very serious bone cancer for the last year and a half. Over the last year, I have been following his story, via his wife Kristyn's blog: http://kristynmiller.blogspot.com/

So today I was surprised to read that after all the countless hours of chemo-therapy, and intense treatment, his tumors have come back and there isn't anymore treatment they can do for him.

The world would tell us to say goodbye to Randy. All of modern medicine would say "there's nothing more we can do". But we have something else in our corner; we have the creator of the universe. And I for one am not giving up on that.

Lately, God has really been teaching me about his POWER. About the power of the supernatural. Does it seem impossible? Well, that's when God always shines, just when it seems impossible. So Randy, today I pray this prayer over you because I BELIEVE that the Lord is going to heal your body for his Glory. Matthew 21:22 says: "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
I believe Randy, don't you stop believing.

Dear Jesus: I lift up Randy Miller to you today. I lift up his body, weak and tired as it is, to you. I ask that you will heal his body, rid it of the tumors and poisons that consume it. The doctors have done all they can do, but there isn't anything The Great Physician can't do. I ask that you will do what humans see as impossible and that through your healing touch, that others may come to experience your power, love and mercy. I ask that you will use Randy's story to reach those who do not believe, for they need something tangible to see.

God, we know you can do it. We believe you can do it. I ask that you will do it. Please heal Randy and completely rid him of the cancer that sits in his bones. I pray this in the Great and Powerful name of Jesus. Amen.

Believe it Randy... I do.

2 comments:

kristyn miller said...

wow. thank you so much for this. it means so much to hear faith spoken from others. i agree with you, that God is the great physician. i'd rather go through the heart ache of hearing that the chemo didn't work, but that God did, than to just have the cancer gone at this very moment. thanks for the reminder.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Amen.

And Godspeed.