Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th, 2001- through my eyes

September 11, 2001, this is where I was:


Sitting in the Simpson College Dorms:

I watched helplessly while people on TV ran like crazy from a collapsing building.
I heard Peter Jennings cry and tell his family how much he loved them on the air.
I saw the City of Redding shut down.I prayed alongside of my peers, sitting in our pajamas shocked.


We couldn't think of anything to do, any way to help. Redding was so far away from where everything was happening. Johnny, Tim and I led worship at the cross that day. It was hard to praise God when we knew so many people were dying or dead. Our tiny college campus was visibly grieving. We were a community that day. I was just 19 years old.





This is where I was on September 11th, 2001. Where were you?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

great pictures erin. i do believe thats my sweet husband playing guitar. am i right?