Monday, September 14, 2009

It's what you Beyon"say"

For those of you that know me well, there are 2 musicians that drive me batty, and I am never one to shy away from saying so. I have never been a fan of Beyonce or Kanye West. But last night, all of that changed.

I am sure by now you are all aware of the spectacle Kanye made of himself while jumping on the stage and stealing the microphone during Taylor Swift's acceptance speech declaring that Beyonce's video was the best. Though I am never surprised at his rash behavior, it continues to remind me why I can't stand the man.


What DID surprise me was when Beyonce won the most prestigious award of the night: Video of the Year, she graciously let Taylor finish HER acceptance speech. Now I am not a fan of Beyonce's shrill-like singing, her barely there wardrobe, or her bumping and grinding. But I can certainly appreciate someone with that much character and class. Someone who would give up their chance at glory. That is someone I can get behind.



So you can call me Miss B's number one fan now. I'll wear a Beyonce T-shirt, and wave a poster of her around for all to see.... just don't ask me to do the "Single Ladies" dance. I am not so good at that.

No comments: