Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I heart Craigslist....and RockBand

Just this weekend, we were discussing how much we wanted RockBand. We talked about how to save for such a thing, since Christmas was only around the corner. Then I checked my favorite guilty-pleasure; Craigslist. I was shocked to discover that there was a band kit plus video game on sale for $60!! Retail price is $150. So yeah, we jumped right on that.


As soon as we got home, Tim set it up. I felt like I had let loose a kid in a candy store. The boys really got into it too, watching daddy they got really excited. I must say, I play a mean electric guitar. Though I need some practice...oh darn guess I'll have to spend my nights working on that.

While I was so glad that we had gotten a game we had wanted forever, I think I was more excited about the fact that I got a ridiculously good deal for it. There is nothing like the thrill of the hunt. I think I can just enjoy things so much more knowing that I didn't pay full price for them.

So yeah, we're starting a band. Once our children turn 4 months old, we require them to contribute financially to the family. I think that it's going to be successful. Nothing draws a big crowd better than 2 cute children.




No comments: