Monday, September 21, 2009

The Single Mom Experiment: Day 1

So Tim is away on business for 5 days. This is the first time I will be a single mom of 2 kids for this long. I am absolutely TERRIFIED.

But I am trying to be proactive about keeping busy and trying not to go insane. Today was Day 1, and in an attempt to get things done, or to drive me to my breaking point (not sure which one right now) I decided to paint the livingroom and the diningroom. I have been wanting to paint since we moved in a year ago, but then I got pregnant, then I had a baby, time slipped away from me.

So today my good friend Shellie came over and helped me paint.

Recap of the day:
9 hours of painting
4 temper-tantrums
3 timeouts
2 naps
6 feedings
7 baby einstein rotations
(have I mentioned I love the continuous play feature?)
3 gallons of paint

And my day is officially over. It's too dark to post pics, and my house is too messy.
Maybe tomorrow?

My guesthost tomorrow: Sarah
Stay tuned.

In the words of Tobias Funke "Let the great experiment begin!"

No comments: