Sunday, December 14, 2008

A true friend

This is my friend Lauren.
I feel like to say that she's just my friend doesn't really do her justice.
We have been friends for a long time, but it wasn't until Elijah was born that I knew just how good a friend she was. Since day 1 she has always treated him like a nephew, never seeing his obvious weaknesses, always enamored with his personality.

She's made him cast covers when I was too nervous about showing his cast in public, created a blanket for him to snuggle with in the hospital. She has pretty much been a constant through this whole process. Recently, she has cleared her schedule to go down with me to Shriner's each week, so I wouldn't be alone.That has been such a blessing to me.

Last week was a scary one. Eli's pain level increased and his doctor wanted us to go down for an emergency consult. Because most people work during the day, or have kids, I couldn't really find anyone to go with me and was really nervous about the trip. I didn't want to bother Lauren because I knew it was her day off. At 11pm the night before I texted her to tell her about it. Her reply "What time are you picking me up?"
I cannot tell you what that meant to me. All I can say is, I know God put Lauren in my life. Her friendship and faithfullness has been AMAZING.

I don't know what kind of friend I am to people, but I can only hope that in a time of need, I can be the kind of friend that Lauren is to me.

No comments: