Friday, December 19, 2008

The really good Christmas idea

I already blogged about the really bad Christmas idea I had, so I thought I'd write about the successful one this time.

Elijah is all legs. He's not a walker yet, but he can kick at ANYTHING within a 30 mile radius. This concerned me as I knew he would go straight for the Christmas ornaments this year. My solution: I decided to buy him a plush Christmas ornament, something that looked more like a toy and would catch his interest. I hung it on the lowest branch right in his eyeline. Sure enough, as soon as he was mobile, he went straight for his Christmas elf ornament. It was fun to watch him bat at it all night- almost catlike really. As this picture demonstrates, it entertained him for hours and my breakable Christmas ornaments have managed to survive another year- yay!



1 comment:

Candace said...

That is a great idea! Good thinkin'.