Sunday, December 21, 2008

Favorite Winter Thing Number 9

And the list continues this week with Favorite Winter Thing Number 9:
Black Bear Diner

For those of you that haven't had the pleasure of experiencing a lovely winter meal at the Black Bear Diner, I urge you to try it. Don't get me wrong, a spring or summer meal there is just as nice, but there is something about eating there during the winter time that just fills my heart with soul food.

When I walk into this restaurant I feel like I am walking through a wardrobe into a magical land. It's so cozy and woodsy and full of happy biker dudes and old people, it just makes me feel like I am sitting in a log cabin on top of a giant snow-covered mountain. I don't know why, but I am transformed. And that's just the ambience, the food is AWESOME.

I am in LOVE with their potroast (meat and potatoes girl through and through), but pretty much everything on their menu is great. No fake and bake potatoes, no greasy or over-fried grossness. Just wholesome down-home eating at it's best. Love the food, love the friendly service, love the cozy feel. It just isn't winter until I've eaten at Black Bear Diner.

No comments: