Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ebay virginity

So, I have been trying for months to get over my very real fear of ebay. It started with creating a paypal account. Then for months I just searched ebay endlessly, but was always afraid to do anything about it.
Over the last few months though, everytime I compliment someone on something they have or are wearing they always seem to say, "thanks I got it on ebay." What? Had I let my ebay phobia prohibit me from getting a once-in-a-lifetime deal? I decided I simply wouldn't let my fears paralyze me anymore.

So, I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at bidding. At first I couldn't decide what to buy. Should I get some Veggie Tales DVD's? Maybe a halloween costume? Then I had remembered a childhood dream Tim had always had of going to a 49ers game. So I checked out the ticket sales part of ebay- awesome.... lot's of tickets!

I bid, and I waited, and I screamed, and I got cold sweats and..... I lost! Drat, I really wanted to make it happen for Tim. After a few choice words at my computer screen, I turned off the lamp and went to bed.

TODAY: I woke up determined to conquer this ebay thing once and forall. I looked at baseball caps, sweatshirts.... something.... anything. Finally, out of desperation, I turned back to the 49ers tickets hoping for a miracle. I happened to see a pair of tickets up for bid for $40. I decided to watch and wait to see how high the bidding went. So I set my kitchen timer, and continued my mom duties. When the timer went off, I looked in disbelief.... no one had bid on these delightful tickets. I knew what I had to do. I took a deep breath and I clicked. 2 minutes of waiting later... I had WON!!!

So, not only am I not an ebay virgin anymore, I also get to take my husband to see his favorite NFL team at the home stadium for the first time in his life! What an awesome thing.

I guess it's true what they say.... you never forget your first time. I know I never will.

No comments: