Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS

It's funny to me how January seems to be the time when people set goals for themselves. I guess a new year inspires people. I am NEVER motivated to try something new in January. In fact, I go against the stream. However, in September I am usually all fired up. Kinda strange that the school year motivates me. But for whatever reason, it does.

This year, I want our family to be more fit. Because of a spinal injury during childbirth, I haven't been able to excercise quite as vigorously as I had hoped. And the thought of doing hard workouts has made me cringe. But I think it's time to start working this old body of mine out. And surprisingly, Tim mentioned he wanted to start being more active as well. This made me very happy.

So, we have prayerfully made the decision to join a gym. I am excited about the free child care and I think that alone will be incentive for me to get out and do something. I can't wait for family gym nights too! I just hope this isn't one of those "I am totally gonna do it" moments that ends up flopping 2 months into it. But I guess that's why I have a blog, to keep myself accountable.

No comments: