Saturday, May 10, 2008

FACEBOOK, BLOGGER and WEDDING PICTURES

So, I had a bit of free time today and thought I'd browse facebook. You see I like weddings. I love watching bride's faces, and what the flower girl looked like. And, it being wedding season and all, there happened to be a lot of wedding pictures posted out there. I found myself looking at album after album of wedding pictures. Pictures of old high school friends, old college friends, some childhood friends and then ofcourse it ended up being friends of friends whom I don't really know very well but I wanted to see what their wedding looked like anyways.

Have you ever done that? I must confess, I am a big believer in looking at people's pages that I only know vaguely just because I am mildly curious about how their lives have turned out. Now I wouldn't know these people enough to ask them to be my FRIENDS on myspace or anything. But I know them enough to wonder whatever happened to them. I know there have got to be people like me out there somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't old classmates coming up to me at Target saying hi to Elijah when I KNOW I have never told them his name, or that I even had a baby.

The scary difference between Facebook and Blogger is that with Facebook people can browse your pictures, and what other people say to you, once they are your friends or at least friends of a friend. On Blogger they can browse your deepest thoughts and most absurd confessions without ever knowing you. And that is a scary realization.

No comments: