Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A hope, a Dream, a Fear and a Worry

So, after much debate and prayer and thought, we have decided to take the plunge and move back to California. It's been tough living in Georgia to say the least. Not being able to really make any friends or find a good church. Though our experiences here have made for great blog topics, we've basically been a square peg during our time here. So I was surprised when I didn't jump at the chance to move back home.

Ever since we've been in Toccoa I have been dreaming of  In-n-out burger, and swimming in Whiskeytown. But when Elijah was born, everthing changed. Having my family around for support has been something I have grown accustomed to. The thought of being all alone out there and having to become, well.... an adult, has been scary to me. As Ben Folds so poignantly put it: "Everybody knows, it sucks to grow up, and everybody does."

But I am looking forward to the adventure that lay ahead for us. We were 2 people, just barely married when we first came out here. Now.. we're a family- the 3 of us. And I know that God has great things for us. I just have to *gulp* trust him.

No comments: