Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fear of the Unknown

35 weeks

Well, there's only 39 days left until my due date. While part of me could not be more thrilled that this giant stomach will soon be gone, another part of me is terrified of what lies ahead.
The great and mysterious part of motherhood that no one can ever fully describe to you is labor. It's definitely a rite of passage into motherdom (is that even a word?) but it's more than that. It's almost an entrance into a secret society of pain where your registration can never be revoked. It's your badge of honor, your battle scar. Yet, it's a journey you must go on alone. And this terrifies me.
Just thinking about having to go to the hospital and put on an IV freaks me out. And as time draws near, my worries grow. I am excited about this new part of my life- but I'm at the point where I just want to get it over with, not because of the pain but because of the fear of the unknown.
Come soon baby, or I might lose my nerve :)

No comments: