Friday, May 18, 2007

Last Night at the video store...

27 weeks

 

So I have decided that being pregnant is a great way to meet new people. Last night, while browsing for a video at the store, a lady walked right up to me and said, "Oh when are you due?" I stared at her for a moment, thinking she was asking me when my video was due and I hadn't remembered renting one. Then ofcourse I realized she was talking about my baby and I told her.
She then proceeded to tell me her ENTIRE delivery story from beginning to end. She kept going into descriptive detail about every moment of pain and misery. Then after each statement she would make she would say "oh I don't want to scare you, it's really not that bad... it's great."
After a few minutes of awkwardly standing and listening to this perfect stranger tell me details about her anatomy I never would have asked to know, she ended her story by saying "Oh it's really not bad at all... really it's not." I walked away a little surprised by the incident, but confident that maybe it wasn't that bad.
Not 10 seconds later, another woman walked by me and said completely seriously, "Yes, actually.... it really IS THAT BAD!!" My confidence was shaken.
Yet I couldn't help but find it endearing that my belly could bond 3 complete strangers (and Tim who was nearby) together in such an odd way. I wonder who else I might encounter in the next 2 months :)

No comments: