Friday, April 27, 2007

A great big fear

24 weeks

So, in the afternoons I usually run my errands. One afternoon last week I was at the City planning building and saw 2 women staring at me. I didn't want it to be awkward, so I commented on how it looked like it was going to rain.
One of the ladies said "Oh girl, how long you got till that baby comes?" I responded by telling her about 3 months. She just looked at me with a very pitiful face. "Oh" she replied "that baby is going to be big". In that moment I panicked. Because my pregnancy hasn't caused a lot of weight gain, the thought never occured to me that the baby would be that big. But I guess by the size of my belly she could tell and was very sympathetic.
I continue to wonder each day, if this is what I look like now, how big will I be in 3 months? This totally terrifies me. But I have to remain calm, watch my food intake, and just pray that this baby is healthy, and maybe .... just maybe...... small.

No comments: