Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The little drummer boy

20 weeks

It's such a weird feeling. One day you're minding your business and out of the blue you feel a KICK. At first, I only felt you once. But as the days have gone by I feel you kicking so much.
Your daddy runs over to my belly to feel you but you stop when he touches you. I think you just like to keep him in suspense! Sometimes I'll be at work, just doing my job and my boss will come over to me and start talking. That's when you will start kicking me and it's very hard to concentrate because I am giggling.
Today was the first day you consistently kicked, almost like you were playing the drums or something. It is such a sensational and glorious feeling not only knowing you're in me, but actually FEELING your presence. So, I sing this in honor of you:
Come, they told me pa rum pum pum pum
I am a Warkentin pa rum pum pum pum
I am the gift you'll bring pa rum pum pum pum
And I will be the king pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, me and my drum!

No comments: