Sunday, February 18, 2007

A childhood dream fulfilled

 When I was a little girl, growing up in Western Canada- I learned and studied French for years. And it was always my dream to someday travel to Paris.

I wanted to travel along the banks of La Seine, down the cobblestone streets to L'arc de Triomphe. I wanted to taste pain au chocolat and see the great exhibits at Le Louvre.

When I found out I was pregnant, it made me think of this dream and how I may never get to experience all I had once made up my mind to conquer. Then one day my husband came home with two tickets to the Atlanta Art Museum. There, they had art on display from Le Louvre in Paris. He had remembered my love for the Louvre.

So, on Friday night, we drove 90 miles to Atlanta to create our own little romantic adventure . We saw the most amazing art- I got to see my most favorite painting. And it was like, in a very small way, I got to fulfill a lifelong dream. Maybe I didn't see the beautiful castles, or eat the amazing food- but I got my own little piece of Paris... and it was everything I imagined it would be!

I just want to thank Tim for knowing me so well, and for loving me so much that he would give me this amazing life experience. I am so grateful.

No comments: