Monday, August 26, 2013

Actual Erin Thoughts: August 2013

                      It's been a long time since I've let you all in on my    
      thoughts. I'll throw in an introspective selfie free of charge.
                                  


*It's nearly football season again (insert giant groan) and while I'd much rather be doing other things, I am insistent that each family member has an up-to-date jersey and wears it for every game the Niners play. Maybe I really do like football? Or... maybe I like fashion.

*I've been hitting the gym lately... and it's been hitting me back.

* I'm pretty sure I am heavily addicted to the young adult fiction genre. It is all I seem to be interested in reading and it makes me feel pre-pubescent again. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

*Most days when I have a chance to sit and rest, I stare at my walls and think up new DIY projects to fill the empty spaces.

*I'm pretty obsessed with television shows related to polygamy lately. I find them oddly fascinating but am always worried that people will read too much into that.

*I really like McDonald's French fries. Pretty much better than any other French fry out there. I know that's making a pretty big statement, but I'm willing to stand by it.

*I can't figure out how Peter Jackson convinced the world that The Hobbit needed to be a 3-part movie series. Seriously movie execs, there cannot possibly be 8 hours of note-worthy hobbitisms we will give you an Oscar for.

*I've officially outgrown the MTV VMA awards. Didn't watch a single second of it. And you know what? I'm already starting to feel like a better person because of it.


*I really can't stand the grime on my feet from a day walking in my flip flops. On days when I forget to wash it off before I get in bed, I sit and think about all of the people and places that are sleeping on the bottoms of my feet with me.


*It's almost fall which means.... jacket weather!!
Sometimes towards the end of winter, I like to stick a little bit of money or a peppermint or a new thing of chapstick in my coat pocket just before I hang it up for the summer. When it's time to pull on the jacket again, I find a little something special in my pocket that helps me to know "Hey, it's gonna be a great day, and here's a little something to make it sweeter."



3 comments:

Lee said...

So... closet Sister Wives fan? yeah... me too. Ashamed to admit it. :-)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I totally want a sister wife.
And I love football.

Maribeth said...

um, I totally do the little rewards in your jacket pocket! the best is when I forgot that I left cash in there!!