Monday, July 18, 2011

A baby shower of love


This is my best friend Lauren. She's weathered life's great storms alongside of me, and I am thankful for her. She has been hoping, praying and trying to have a baby for several years and in December she found out that it was finally her turn to have one! I was thrilled. Ofcourse that sprang me into baby shower planning mode. It's a place I've been for about 7 months now, and on Saturday I was so happy to be a part of Lauren's special day.




The thing I loved about her shower was making her a part of the mom circle and sharing with her some motherly wisdom and encouragement and just a time of prayer and reflection for this baby love.


We have laughed, and cried, and been excited and been nervous about this baby. It's just so amazing to see her glowing and so overjoyed to become a mommy. She's going to be so great at it. I love that she tolerates my crazy... I think it's preparing her for motherhood quite nicely.



Baby Sharkey, I cannot WAIT to see you and be your crazy Aunt Erin that let's you stay up way too late and sneaks you some ice cream when your mama isn't looking!



1 comment:

LSharkey said...

I love you, Erin. You did an OUTSTANDING job on the shower. It was perfect. Looking forward to you being an Auntie to this baby! :)