Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Prayer from a pit

Dear God,

I've been having a really bad past few weeks. So many things have been happening, and not happening. These children are small, they are helpless, and they are trying. I'm losing sleep, and my mind. And I feel ALONE...very alone. I have no family, I have no support and the bottom is dropping out of my world. The deciever is lying to me, and pulling me apart at the seems.

And yet, in the midst of total turmoil... I can still feel you. I feel your sweet breath against my skin, I see your goodness in the smiles of my children. You spoke to me, I heard your voice, heard the words you spoke to me and I am standing on them today. I know that it may not make the pile of laundry go away, or the temper tantrums end, but in the quietness of my heart.. I praise you.

I write to you today to remember that even in the midst of total despair, sadness, darkness, and the feeling of being cut off from the world that YOU WERE HERE. Thank you.

Psalm 40:2-4 He pulled me out of a dangerous pit, out of the deadly quicksand. He set me safely on a rock and made me secure. 3 He taught me to sing a new song, a song of praise to our God. Many who see this will take warning and will put their trust in the LORD.

2 comments:

the princess said...

I don't know what's going on, but I am really sorry that you are having a rough time. If you ever want to talk about it, or just vent or anything, I am here for you. I hope things get better, and I will pray that you have peace.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. If you ever need anything, let me know, I would be happy to help in any way that I can!