Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm a size WHAT???

I hear a lot of moms post-baby who have issues with what size they have become. Taking that body that was just stretched into oblivion and making some semblance of your former self can have it's challenges. But while most women worry about fitting into their skinny jeans, I would have to say that I am worried about something far worse... fitting into my old shoes.

Before I had children my feet were a healthy and normal size 7 1/2. I liked that size. I could borrow my sister's shoes, there were more options to choose from at shoe stores. It was nice. Then I had kids, and that went out the window.

Now I know what you're thinking....how could anyone's feet grow THAT much because of having babies? And I really don't know what to tell you. Except that in 3 years, and 3 babies I went from a size 7 1/2 to a size 9! Well, really it's more like a size 8 3/4. But since they don't make that size shoe, I find myself with the dilema of either cramming my toes in a size 8 1/2 or swimming in a size 9.

Unfortunately, when your feet grow this much, you have to completely get a new shoe wardrobe, which a lot of people would think was super fun. I find it to be an exhausting task. I gotta say, I often was envious of the women with size 9 feet. Afterall, there always seemed to be a TON of size nines at shoestores because let's face it, only WNBA players and jolly green giants wore that size. But now, here I am, finding myself on the other side of that fence and realizing that there just aren't a lot of options out there.

So here I sit, shoeless and rambling. Skinny jeans? Who cares. I miss my old comfy shoes.

5 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I think my feet grew half a size too... I hope it's not a trend that continues! Crazy huh!?!

Sarah May said...

I was a size 9 pre pregnancy... and now I am a size 10! I am terrified of what will happen to my feet this time!

Stefanie Smit said...

When I was pregnant with Peter I grew half a size. When I was pregnant with Evelyn only one foot grew another half a size....leaving me with a BIG dilemma!!!

Alison said...

My feet grew too!! I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

DSW!!!

You will love it.... and I promise there will be a great selection of size 9's :)