Friday, April 9, 2010

Being content in the now

Someday I will....
*Be a great, well-balanced housekeeper
*Have a gym membership
*Be a wonderful cook
*Be able to bless people with my time through service
*Go to Disneyland
*Own my own home
*Minister in music again
*Finish my children's scrapbooks
*Have my own wheels
*Catch up on all my correspondence
*Be completely done with all my laundry
*Have it all together
But for now, I'm just a pregnant mom with two toddlers.
As easy as it is for me to be dissappointed in myself, sometimes you just have to look at these faces and remember that what you're doing is more important than all the "someday" stuff.

5 comments:

Maribeth said...

man! such a good reminder! This simple post spoke to me heart. I feel inadequate all the time. Your boys are so beautiful, Erin! What a treasure to be their mommy!

An older mom reminded me the other day that I need not look for contentment in everything I don't have and can't accomplish. That she misses the early years before the age of five with her kids when she could just hold them and cuddle them. She said "You think they grow fast now, after age five the time just disappears!" I needed that reminder.

You are an excellent mother. None of us have it all together. But somehow, I think that's the way it's suppose to be, Right?

Love,
Maribeth

imaya said...

I love this post. I think it was what I needed to hear today. Thank you.

Sarah May said...

I really needed to hear this today. Thank You for posting... I am going to forget the rest of the dirty house and go steal some snuggles!

Jenny said...

So true Erin. Those sweet boys will thank you one day for making them your priority! You're doing an awesome job!

Amy said...

I loved this post Erin! The pictures of Noah and Elijah are so precious. You have such cute kids. :)

You're doing a great job!!