Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crafty Christmas

If you're like me, you love getting Holiday Greeting cards. I love hearing about my friends and seeing pictures of their beautiful families. But by the end of the holiday season, my house is cluttered with them.

So I came up with a solution to de-clutter my house while being able to enjoy all the great greeting cards I got. I took some holiday ribbon, and taped each card to it and made a long string of cards. Then I hung it on my wall. It looks very festive and it feels like I am surrounded by family and friends!

Speaking of Holiday Greeting cards, this year I sent out a LOT of cards, but I still found myself stuck with a bunch of them. So I came up with an idea. I decided to make a family Christmas ornament with our leftover Christmas cards. First I created a frame out of cardstock paper. Then I decopaged it to thick cardboard. Then I cut out our picture out of 2 of our christmas cards and stuck them to the frame. I added some snowflake cutouts and a matching festive ribbon and BINGO- the Warkentin family 2009 Christmas ornament. I am planning on adding 2009 to it when I take it off the tree this year.
I decided that I am going to do it every year with leftover Christmas cards so that one day, when the kids are grown, I can have a tree of nothing but these ornaments so that I can look back on the legacy of our family. I love it.







1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, I SO love both of these ideas... I just might have to copy.
Merry Christmas Erin!