Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This ain't your mama's tea party

As many of you know, there are tax tea parties forming all over the country tomorrow. I think it's a cool concept. I know some may call it a "lame" attempt to gain attention. But I actually think it's quite a patriotic way. I mean look at Peta, are they really getting anywhere throwing paint on people? Not really. This is a peaceful way to get your point across.

Now I am not anti-Obama. I do not wave my rebel flag around or anything. I am more fascinated with the idea of bringing a historical protest back to life in 2009. What a neat concept.


Will it work? I don't know. But it seemed to work 200 years ago. I will definitely be interested to see if something changes at least. I for one am sick of the bailouts. They don't work, they're not helping and they're taking money away from people who really need it.

So tomorrow I am not sure that I will be at City Hall or anything, but I might drink a cup of tea in protest.

Here's to making history, or at least living in it.

No comments: