Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor day barbeque


Nothing like a good old fashioned barbeque with friends to really end the summer with a bang. It was so nice to see my girls, and ofcourse for the guys to hang. I love that our little community of Simpson veterans can so easily have new additions. That's the great thing about going to Simpson, it's the tie that binds.
There were 8 kids under the age of 4 running all over the yard and playing around, it was so awesome. It's such a weird thing to see how much our priorities have shifted. I never would have thought that being surrounded by so much chaos, laughter, crying and boogers would be such fun!
I also love getting advice from other moms about things. Cause I sure as heck don't know what I am doing and I will be the first to admit that. It was neat to hear from Danielle Fleck and Wreth Simon about their girls and there baby trauma. It just makes me feel not-so-very alone. They were super encouraging and totally understanding about things.
Then the kiddies went off to sleep and the adults hung out till late playing games and laughing. I love my friends.... they really know how to make my week awesome.

No comments: