Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MY WIFE THE KLUTZ

"I am a klutz, but I don't find that to be an unattractive thing." - Sandra Bullock



For those of you that don't know me very well, I am a total klutz. If there is something to trip on in the room, I find it. If there is something to spill, I'm there. At my high school graduation, after receiving my diploma, I fell down the stairs on my way to my seat. It's just what I do.

So it was no surprise to me when I had a series of accidents yesterday. Cleaning the blender, I managed to stab myself with the blade. Then, moments later while cooking dinner, I burnt my arm with hot oil. So there I am, serving dinner with 2 giant band-aids on me, I have to say... it was quite a sight to see.

My favorite thing about being a klutz would have to be the response I get from my husband. No matter how many times I mistep in my heels, or stub my toe on the coffee table, he always seems to giggle at me. I don't know why, but he finds it terribly endearing. And for that, I am glad. Because it seems to be a character trait that isn't going to leave me.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I appreciate a man who can laugh at the misfortunes of others.

I have many falling stories myself. The most recent was walking to my car after a baby shower wearing my new heels. I was walking with my sis and roomie and got my heel caught on my pant hem. I was violently thrown to the curb. I got up with a couple scrapes and wounded pride, but walked on. Then, once we got home, I'm walking up to our door and do the EXACT same thing! Needless to say, I have never worn that combination of shoes and pants again. AND my sister and roommate still have not let me forget it.

Wow, that comment was as long as a blog! Sorry.

Jenny said...

So sorry about all your injuries! I too am a klutz, so I feel your pain. Your blender wound looks especially painful. Gotta watch out for those blades! :)