Sunday, March 30, 2008

Give 'em the old one two punch



Since the day Elijah was born, I have been fighting.

Fighting with the doctors to tell me what was wrong with him. Fighting with the insurance company to go to the doctor to find out what's wrong with him. Fighting with the admissions board to get him accepted to the hospital to find out what's wrong with him. Fighting with the secretary to schedule a surgery to fix what is wrong with him.

But by far, the biggest fight on record has been for the simplest thing. It has been 3 months since I started this fight. What is it that could take so long to get? A simple blood test.
I began going to see Dr. Lagoc because she was so highly reccomended by moms out there. But, she has made it a TOTAL NIGHTMARE to get one stinkin blood test. Going back and forth between Shriner's hospital and her office, I have felt like a ping-pong-ball.

"Tell the hospital we need the SG-9 form and the SDK form as well."
What the heck are those? I don't even bother wasting time to ask, I quickly call the hospital.
Ofcourse, they've never heard of those forms. But they did send ALL of the information that the doctor would have needed to order the blood test.
I quickly call the doctor- ofcourse they have never received these documents. The hospital sent them, they just didn't receive them.
On and on and so on until, three months later, there is still no blood test ordered, and I have no hair left from pulling it out so much.

Moral of the story:

I am sure that Dr. Lagoc is probably a good doctor, I just have no evidence of this. If your child has an ear infection, or a cold- go see Dr. Lagoc. Just pray you don't have some MAJOR life-altering disease, or ailment because I am not so sure I could reccomend her for treating that.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Keep fighting! The more you get on the good Dr., the more likely he is to get stuff done!!!!
I'm prayin' for ya.