Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Battle Cry

For 7 months, my child has cried. Each day I have heard that noise that tells me he needs me. It's become a comforting sound, a familiar one. I have grown accustomed to it's almost melodic hum. But something strange happened 2 days ago. That sound that had become such a part of my day changed.



It has become something fierce- a force to be reckoned with. The decibal level has gone off the charts. At first, I thought it was just one time when he hit his head and he was in pain. Then, he didn't get fed fast enough- loud cry. After that, he awoke from his nap- loud cry. Then, and this is when I decided his cry had changed for good, when he was just plain old bored- loud cry.



What happened to my baby's soft and gentle cry? Where did that piece in time go? My ears miss that piece in time.

1 comment:

Erica said...

How did you do this to your blog. I love the changes. Hilarious picture. Love the battle cry.