Monday, September 3, 2012

Baby Steps

All of our babies have taken a while to hit their major milestones. I'm convinced it's God's special way of teaching me that I need that extra measure of patience and diligence for each one. But this particular child, my girl, has been especially opposed to hitting any milestone on time. In fact, she pretty much would do the exact opposite of anything we would try to motivate her to do. She MUST get her stubborn spirit from her father. It's been quite a journey from a year ago this September when she would not even sit up on her own, or roll onto her tummy. We've walked a long path, and have both had a lot of temper tantrums. She's definitely brought light the term "baby steps" as everything has been that way. But I'm so excited to say that she took her very first baby steps this month and she is now walking, albeit a little wobbly, all over the house. Oh how I have longed, cried, pleaded, begged and dreamed for this moment. And boy what a wonderful world it's opened up to her.


While her motor skills have been a little lacking, her verbal skills have been skyrocketing. Everyday she seems to add a new word (or five) to her vocabulary and has become absolutely obsessed with singing. She loves to walk around the house and sing. Her most favorite song, is the Sleeping Beauty song which she knows every complicated word to. This girl continues to surprise me and bring me so much joy!

Love your face Liv.

1 comment:

imaya said...

That made my heart sing with happiness-no pun intended :-) Way to go beautiful Liv! She knows whole lyrics to complicated songs?! That is crazy impressive for any age but not even two!!!!!WOW!!!!!