Friday, May 6, 2011

And sometimes.... the good guys win.

So last Sunday I went to watch The Amazing Race, like I always do on Sunday nights, and the news had said that Osama bin Laden had been killed by U.S. troops. I gotta say, I didn't hold a rally, or rejoice in his death or anything but I was relieved. I couldn't help but think, "What the heck took so long?"

On September 12, 2001 people were so spitting mad, you would have thought there was no safe place for this guy to hide. Then we started a totally different war in a whole other country and priorities shifted.

I know there are a whole lot of Obama haters out there. I've heard all the reasons why. I'm not interested in them. I'm not neccessarily saying he did a whole lot in the last 3 years. But when he was running for office, he promised he would shift our priorities back to this monster and, you have to admit whether you like the guy or not, whether you voted for him or not, or whether you think he's an American citizen or not.... he did what he said he would do.

Somehow Obama turned into Chuck Norris this week. And I have to say.... it made me feel more safe.