Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello World

To say that life's been difficult over the last few months would be an understatement. I really thought that by 4 months, I would have a better hold on things. But I find myself in a slump that reflects this winter weather. The same old thing day after day, the constant battles, behavior modifications, and sleep deprivation. It feels like wave upon wave of sadness, and exhaustion and sometimes it seems like it's difficult to have empathy and compassion.

So I put all 3 kids in the van today, and drove to the store. I turned on my new country craze Lady Antebellum and skipped to the 4th track. It's as if they took everything my heart was saying, and put it into a song.

Sometimes I feel as cold as steel, broken like I'm never gonna heal
Sometimes I forget what living's for and I hear my life through my front door
I see my wife, my little boy, my little girl.. hello world.


Oh the empty dissappears, I remember why I'm here
To surrender and believe, I fall down on my knees
That's when I looked in my rearview mirror and saw all that I'm living for. I love when God reminds me of that.

No comments: