Monday, August 30, 2010

Who's in the House? JC

Okay, admit it... somewhere in the back corner of your brain there are a select few songs that you remember from your childhood and smile about everytime you hear them. For me, as a child of the late 80's and early 90's christian "rap" era, the few gems that bring back good memories would bring most people to their knees laughing.

I stumbled upon a youtube of one such song today. As I listened to it, I can remember playing it a thousand times and doing the running man in my basement. I can remember dancing like a wild banchie and thinking I was so cool. But as I watched the music video, I thought about what my kids would think. How totally ridiculous and silly it looked, and how lame they would think I am. Shoot, I don't think it would be limited to just my kids. I'm sure there are quite a few adults that would get quite a kick out of it as well.

Even though it seems lame, I think there will always be a little place in my heart for this song. A place from 5th grade when middle-aged white guys could rap and wear baggy pants and we thought they were the coolest EVER!

Thought I'd share...

2 comments:

Sarah May said...

oh snap!

hahahaha... memories!

Jenny said...

WE'll have to rock out to this one together. I think I still know all the words. I loved Carman.