Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a difference a day makes (my trip to the DMV part 2)

What a difference a day makes (my trip to the DMV part 2)
I have been dragging my feet for some time going back to the dreaded DMV, but, reluctantly, I made it there and this time, I brought backup.

As my good friend Frank Sinatra says, "What a Difference a day makes..." and boy he isn’t kidding. My friend Jenny watched the baby- which solved the icky-people-touching-my-baby problem. Then I brought my husband along (who doesn’t exactly look like a bouncer at a club, but he is manly in hiw own right). I had my game face on, my war paint was pasted, and I was ready to brawl. As I nervously studied for the test I shouldn’t have had to take, I spotted the lady at window number 7, whom I got last time, and sat in total hope that I would get ANYBODY besides her. Finally, after a lot of nose slurps from the gentleman next to me, it was time for us to face the music.

We got the most stunning greeting, "Hello how may I help you?" It was like God sent his angel down to help us. For real, this lady was beautiful, prestine and so kind. She helped us out in a jiffy and apologized for the rude behavior we got last time- MY JAW DROPPED. Then, after all that I asked her if I could please take the written test. She looked at my application and said, "Well I don’t know who told you that you had to do that, but this is just a renewal, here’s your temporary one and your new California driver’s license will be mailed to you in a few weeks."

WHAT??!??!??

So, if you are in Redding and have to go down to the dreaded DMV, try your darndest to get the sweet blond headed lady at window number 1. And run away and hide if you get the mean one at window number 7!

No comments: