Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Grillmaster


It's not spring in the Warkentin household until the grill has been fired up. Tim has a real knack for cooking, but most especially grilling that I don't mind reaping the benefits of. Growing up, I never really appreciated the art of the grill. Maybe that's because my dad burnt everything on it.
It wasn't until I married Tim that I found this glorious world that I was missing out on. I love watching him light up the coals and meticulously prepare the meat. I love to watch how carefully and precisely he grills. It's like watching the master at work.

He always comes out with this impecable plate full of goodness to fill our bellies. But my favorite part by far is the way he smells after he grills. I don't know what it is, but it is like the best smell. There is no cologne or aftershave on the planet as good as fresh grill. Yeah, I know I'm weird.
I just had to brag on my grillmaster. He's the best.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

That's not wierd at all. I love the smell that lingers after grilling as well. I am not sure that Jamie appreciates it, but I prefer not to shower any sooner after grilling than I have to. I think it just makes me feel like I am eating the grilled food all over again and that makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree. I love that smell, too.

Dave said...

I'm not yet a true man, i.e., I'm not the griller around this house. However, Debbie is working on me, and I see a point in the near future where I, too, will be wielding a large metal spatula and wearing a man-apron. Then she will also be able to enjoy the fragrance of grilling on her husband. Until then, perhaps I can find an internet store that sells "Eau De Grill". At least that way she can pretend that I just came in from grilling some burgers :-)