Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dawg: The Bargain Hunter

Some would call me cheap, I prefer the term "thrifty".

When I found out that I was going to have to buy a SECOND crib and changing table, I really worried about where the money would come from. Since October I have made it my mission to find the best quality things for the nursery at discount prices.

The first 3 months were torturous, but lately I have found some amazing deals. I checked out a store on Bechelli Lane that sells brand new scratch and dent cribs and changing tables at really great rates. And we were able to buy a cute crib and changing table that I love for very affordable prices.

Ofcourse, craigslist and ebay have been my constant companions and I have found some excellent things for the boys' rooms. I've even been working on creative and inexpensive craft projects to make accents for their walls.
I guess you can spend a ton of money on a kid's room and it come out really nice, but I personally find it much more gratifying to buy quality things at discount prices. I think it not only helps your budget, but it forces you to be creative in ways you never knew you could!

I'll keep updates with pictures on the rooms once they get closer to completion.

1 comment:

JohnMichaelHinton said...

can't wait to see your boy's ark...or room. (i'm so funny in an original way huh!) :)