Monday, February 9, 2009

Robbed at the Grammys


2009 Grammy's last night, and I was so excited to see how many of those gold gramophones would be picked up by my main boys COLPLAY. I was really hoping they would at least pick up Best Record, or Best Album of the year ( sidenote: can anybody tell me the difference between Record of the year and Album of the year, and why exactly they have 2 different awards for them?)

Instead, Best Record and Album went to these guys (Allison Krauss & Robert Plant pictured below). Now, I am a huge Allison Krauss fan. Her voice is like butter to me. But judging from the 2 numbers they actually performed at the Grammy's, I was shocked that THIS was the album that swept the Grammy's. It was trite, boring and borderline corny. What's up with that Allison? I think you need to stick to your roots, your bluegrass roots that is. 

P.s. Does anyone else think that Robert Plant looks like James Grubbs?? 


Oh well Coldplay, Americans just don't give you the credit you deserve. Maybe the next album will blow their socks off. Or who knows, maybe Allison will come out with a polka album that will sweep the event?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He totally does. They are a weird combo.

Dave said...

When I first read your post I was excited that Allison Krauss won a grammy. Since I'd never heard any of the songs on this particular album, I just assumed it would be great and deserving of an award. I mean, after all, you have Allison Krauss with one of the most beautiful voices ever and who plays fiddle like a dream, matched with one of my musical heroes from the 70's (yes, I was a Led Zeppelin fan big time, still am). Boy, was I wrong ...

I'll go one further than you, Erin: they sucked. Both songs were just plain awful. I can now see why you believe Coldplay should have won. That's because they should have! Oh please, oh please Allison. Never do another CD like this one. Get back to your roots and your fiddle and your band and make more of that sweet, sweet bluegrass/country music.