Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Favorite Winter Thing Number 4

So I have decided to blog about some of my favorite winter things. Sort of like Oprah, except less middle-aged and with a smaller audience.

So without further adieu I give you
Favorite Winter Thing Number 4: Flannel Sheets


I don't know why it took me so long to hitch a ride on the flannel sheet bandwagon. But now that I am on, I am never getting off. Too many frosty evenings I have pulled the covers back to slip into what feels like a pool of ice. Even with a warm duvet surrounding me, I am cold all night.

Finally, in a late-night, online shopping bout I found a sale on target.com for flannel sheets. With shipping and everything they were $40 and I thought it was worth a shot. 6 days later they arrived and as I put them on my bed that night, I could feel my world changing.

Slipping into the buttery-softness of the warm flannel, I had one of the best night's sleeps I have had in years. Best $40 I ever spent, hands down. Another perk: they are energy efficient. Since getting the flannel sheets, we have really saved on our heating bill.

There are some downfalls, ofcourse, to flannel sheet use.
If you have an extreme amount of body hair, you might get a tad overheated. (Though it's nothing a good waxing won't cure.) Also, flannel sheets may cause an extreme inability to get out of bed in the morning because you are so comfortable and relaxed. So, if you have trouble already with that, I suggest to have a cup of coffee on stand-by. All-in-all though, this is one of the greatest inventions and I am kicking myself now for not trying them out sooner.

So there you have it, one of my favorite winter things. If you haven't already experienced the heaven that is flannel sheets, I encourage you to take a look at Target.com..... you will not be sorry.

No comments: