Monday, October 6, 2008

Moving Day

Ahhh the uhaul. It has been a constant in the 4 years we have been married. Though it was nice to have it to load up all our junk, it was equally as nice to give the keys back and wave goodbye to it for, gulp, hopefully many years.
Thank God for College boys, I don't know what we would have done without Brad and Travis. They totally saved us, or rather me, from back breaking work. They also provided us with their quick-witted humor and funny antics that helped make the day go by faster.
All in all it was a 10 hour whirlwind event. Here are the highs and lows of the day:
*Ants decided to infest our new home the day we moved in
*The plumbing in our bathroom went crazy
*I discovered that there was a drive-thru window at Little Ceasar's
*Our neighbors gave us the death stare as we moved, and we stared right back
*Elijah didn't know what the heck was happening and had a major meltdown
*I bruised my hand, scraped my arm, and totally anihilated my lower back by running into the railing on the stairs
*I learned how to use the icemaker in my freezer (schnazzy invention really)
So there you have it... move in day. But at the end of the day, it was all worth it.
This is now what we get to come home to:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's adorable. did you buy?!