Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Resolution


HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!! What? It's January 19th? Well, just pretend with me. HAPPY NEW YEAR'S and welcome to the blog where I reveal my new year's resolutions. Now, I'm not one of those kind of people that gives myself unrealistic expectations about what my year will look like. Usually, I like to give myself goals that I can accomplish, things I can achieve, so I don't feel like a total failure come December 31st. But this year, I'm just not so sure it's as attainable and it's scaring and exciting me all at the same time.

I've hesitated revealing this secret in my life for a few months now, mostly because I don't want to sound pretentious and also because I knew if I kept it quiet there was still a possibility that if I quit I wouldn't look like a total idiot for doing so. But, alas, it's too late for going back now, I've intrigued you too much.

I have recently started writing a book. It's a book about my struggles with being a parent of a child with special needs and finding God in the midst of the hard stuff. I've already written several chapters and my New Year's Resolution this year is to finish writing my book. I won't go so far as to send it to a publisher, but I think making myself finish should be a sufficient enough challenge. Besides, i think it sounds kind of romantic to finish writing your first book by the time you're 30. Besides, who wants to read the book of a 20 something anyway right? Well if it's not, don't tell me because it's what I am saying to motivate myself.

So there it is, my deep dark secret is a secret no more. It's going to be a year of challenge, and development and what I hope to be the accomplishment of what has been a lifelong dream. Who knows, maybe I'll even let someone read it....someday.

4 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

that's exciting Erin! I'd love to read it. :)

Sarah May said...

whoa! You are a mother of three children AND you are writing a book??? I can't even seem to manage to write a grocery list... !!!! I think it is so cool! You are a talented writer, and I love reading your blogs! I am excited for you!

Alison said...

Erin!!! What an awesome resolution/goal!!!

Jenny said...

I can't wait to read it Erin. I already know how good it's going to be. You are amazing. I love your determination and courage and how you actually make it happen when most of us would probably just keep dreaming and talking about it.