Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh yeah... I have a blog

Most of the time, when wonderful and awful things happen in my life, I am ready and able to blog about them. This time has been different. I just got back from the most amazing vacation with my family (which I will blog in detail about later) and then BAM suddenly got hit with this life-altering news. My dad has been sick for some time now, but he has recently been given some really bad news, and some pretty bad odds. I go back and forth in my head about whether to be realistic, or to have faith. The world tells us what the numbers, the facts, and the figures say. They give you percentages and you are asked to base your life around those.

This is what I know: as a child of God, I do not have to conform to the percentages and odds the world gives me. I can call upon the great Healer, my Jehovah. In times like this, I think of the story in the bible of the very sick woman who was absolutely desperate to try anything. So desperate, in fact, that when Jesus walked by her, she pushed through the crowds and just touched Jesus' robe. I can't imagine the kind of desperate situation she must have been in to in one last act, hold onto the bottom of somebody's clothing. But for whatever reason, she did. I love to imagine the kind look Jesus gave her as he turned around, so touched by her faith. What was it like for Jesus to look at you so touched? What was it like to hear him tell you that because you had faith in him, you were instantly freed of the pain and sickness you carried with you for so long?

I know that God can take my father, he has always been God's. And if He does, I will accept that it was His plan. But I am still holding onto the bottom part of His robe, having faith that no matter how many numbers and odds are thrown at me, it is certain that if God wills it, he can turn around and look into my father's eyes, and heal him instantly. I pray that He will.

2 comments:

The Ramsey's said...

Oh Erin. I am SO SO sorry! That is so hard to hear. I will be praying for you and your whole family as you go through this difficult time. I wish I could give you a big hug right now! Praying for healing for your dad, Lord willing!

Sarah May said...

Lifting your Daddy up in prayer!