Thursday, December 22, 2011

A letter to Santa

Dear Santa,
I recognize that I am a 29-year-old woman writing to you, but I think I should get a few points for having "faith like a child" or maybe it's just plain desperation. In any case, I am here to write to you and ask you for a very special, and highly unlikely Christmas present. You see, there's this band I like, maybe you've heard of them? Coldplay? Well, anyways, recently I found out that their North American tour is going to be in April and that they're not coming anywhere near our home (here in Redding California). But they are coming to Portland, which is an 8 hour trip from our house. When I looked at their website, I was stunned to find that tickets were going for $80 a pop! I know to you money is no object santa, but in our home, that is a whole lotta moolah! Back in the day when Tim and I were dating, tickets to a Coldplay concert were $30.... total. I miss those days Santa, when gas prices were cheap and you could go to the movies for under $10. Times have changed, and so have our finances and it looks like it would take a Christmas miracle to pull off getting to see them. So that's why I'm writing to you. Santa, I don't want a dog, or a toy car or even a baby sister, I just really really want to go see Coldplay in Portland. Can you do that for me?


I've tried to be a good girl Santa, and do the right thing. I admit, sometimes I lose my patience with my children, and I don't always do the laundry like I should. But I'm hoping you'll overlook those things and remember me for the little girl that I was, this little girl.


(Erin and Santa age 10)



Anyways, I know you're busy, seeing as it's only 3 more sleeps till Christmas. But if you could find it in your heart, I would appreciate it.
Yours Truly, Erin Kaye (Reibsome) Warkentin

1 comment:

EmilyOril said...

Love. Absolutely love.