Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinterest Challenge: Of Turkeys and Tutus

This month I had to make something for my 4-year-old neice's birthday. What do you get a girl who loves to twirl? Oh a tutu. But not just any tutu, I came acrossed this a few months ago and set it aside for a rainy-day project.

The tutorial was easy and straight forward and I used scraps of fabric that I had lying around in my art closet. I wanted to make her something she could wear her adorable pink cowboy boots with and something that she could pull almost any shirt out of her drawer and wear with it. I ended up with this:
What tutu would be complete without a cute headband that matches? I couldn't resist and I used a new flower tutorial this time.
I also wanted to do something crafty with the boys that would teach them about Thanksgiving's true meaning. I found this cute idea and thought I'd try it. Ofcourse as soon as I saw the ingredients for it I instantly knew I didn't have everything I needed. So I improvised.
I let THEM color all the feathers and paint the plate themselves, so it doesn't look as perfect as the picture but they LOVED it and enjoyed making it.
So this is my pinterest challenge for the month. What pinterest projects have YOU done?

1 comment:

imaya said...

INSANELY CUTE! Can you share the link for the flower? I LOVE that you let your boys get creative with the turkey. Creative kids are SO much better than "pretty" project pictures.