Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A downhome kind of blog

I'm not sure there is anything greater in this world than watching your parents love on your children. It is a fantastic and wonderful gift that I cherish.


The last few weeks I've been MIA in the blog world because I've been visiting my parents down south. As you can imagine, I don't get to see them much, so I treasure the time I do. This time, I took Liv along with me. She got to eat southern barbeque, and drink her fair share of sweet tea. But it's the hours and hours spent cuddling, kissing and playing with her Guy and Nana that I believe she will take with her.


I got to watch my friend Bethany get married as well, and I was so excited, and honored, to be a part of her special day. I also spent the time visiting friends around Georgia. It's so funny to say that now. When I lived in Georgia, I really felt like I had no friends. Now that I'm here, it's strange to say it, but I actually have quite a few. Who knew?
I really am a California girl, I swear. But buried deep underneath the surface is a little southern belle who only shows her true colors when she's nestled in the North Georgia mountains. I feel safe here to let my hair down, and my accent creep back into everyday conversation. I try so very hard to keep it from coming out in California. Ofcourse sometimes I slip. Anyways, I digress. It's been such a fun thing to be able to show my daughter the south, and I'm not gonna lie, 2 weeks off of dishes and laundry duty has been nice as well. Oh Georgia, it's strange to say how much I've missed you.

1 comment:

imaya said...

Ah, these are the moments with family that mean so, so much. So glad you got to spend a couple weeks making memories there with Liv.