Monday, October 24, 2011

Beauty in the Chaos

Well, Mylo Xyloto came out this week, and you knew I was going to HAVE to write a blog about it. Well, I'll skip the musical termonology and go straight into the application. So, as you guys know so well now, Coldplay is connected to the Warkentin family by so many threads. With each album, it tells a story about what we're going through, or what we're feeling. I have no idea how they do it. This album was no exception. It's obvious that things haven't been easy for this young family this year. There have been a lot of struggles, a lot of tears, a lot of growing (babies and otherwise). When I listened to the track "Us Against The World", I almost cried.

"And sing slow it down .Through chaos as it swirls, it’s just us against the world."

There's something so beautiful about the chaos that is my life. I forget to take the time sometimes amidst all the crying, the dirty diapers and the dishes to hear all the giggles, the cuddles and the wonder that is my life. Though I've tried to just get through this year, the one thing this song reminded me was that I am truly living in the middle of the best time of my life. We may be broke, and loud, and even a little crazy, but we've got each other and that is the greatest blessing we could ask for. And all I can do is just hope that these moments just slow down, so that I can keep them in my heart forever.

Thank you Coldplay for reminding me.

No comments: