Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of School- 2011

Elijah had his first day of Preschool a few weeks ago, and I am just getting around to blogging about it. It's been quite a ride as we've all adjusted our schedules, and our attitudes. The first few days were tough for Noah especially as his best bud was missing from his morning routine, but he got over that really quickly, particularily when he realized he had all of mommy's undivided attention. He has finally found happiness in sitting on my lap and reading for hours. I must admit, I love the time too.
Elijah is absolutely thriving in preschool. He loves his new Buzz Lightyear backpack and getting ready for school each morning. He's also adjusted to wearing underwear to school, and his teachers say he's doing really well with it. YAY! But I must admit, when I come to pick him up I do love the fact that he runs up to me in front of everyone and gives me a big hug and tells me how much he missed me. I'm soaking that up now, because I know it's fleeting.

Elijah comes home with all kinds of songs he's learning, and stories to tell. He's already learning phonics, which is a major plus. And by about day 2 of him coming home and singing a new song, Noah and I are singing along. I thought I would be scared to put my baby in school, and I dragged it out as long as I could. But I'm so thankful that we took the plunge and put him in- he was ready. And the best part? This preschool is a place where all his therapists come to HIM. So no more running around from therapy appointment to therapy appointment trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the other 2. We've settled in nicely to this routine, and I'm looking forward to going on field trips with him and getting all the crafts and projects he does.

No comments: